View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 02:07 AM

Default Re: Warning: DD client is not supported on OS X 10.7 Lion

Quote:
Originally Posted by C View Post
Switched to using Windows 7 in a vmware virtual machine for Digidelivery downloading. Fast and stable and with a 12 month antivirus subscription built in to vmware don't have to worry about those pesky viruses either.

Only thing I haven't managed to figure out yet is how to tell Lion Mail to use Windows Digidelivery to open a dgd link, but copy and paste works pretty well for that.

So until Aspera decide to prematurely kill a viable product outright this is working for me.
The least concern is actually my own site. Itīs the fact that thereīs no universal binary client version offered on the aspera website so my clients wonīt be able to download anything from me if they are on Lion.
I doubt that asking clients to install windows 7 to download data is going work in practise.
I use the DD server to transfer data almost daily to various clients all over the place. From ADR studios, mixing facilities to producers. Asking all those people to go and buy and install windows 7 to download a maybe one-time-delivery does not really compute.

Frank.