View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 03:45 PM

Default Re: Stems vs Multitracks

Quote:
Originally Posted by melloj View Post
I've never worked in a chain so never used stems. I just use sub mixes, basically stems but not printed. Don't see the point in stems if your working alone. I don't see the point in them if your in a chain if the next guy is using Pro Tools. Just commit any plugins and send them the session

Because if you're working in post it would be a mess of sessions with hundreds of tracks. Also, the term stem existed long before pro tools and even longer before commit was a twinkle in pro tools eye.

Thats why you would use stems generally printed from a sub group. In music it's less common. What you're describing is the equivalent to the point of this topic,multitrack are what you would share in you're case [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBP 15" High Sierra 10.13.3, i7 2.6Ghz, 8Gb DDR, 750Gb 7200rpm, PT 2019.5, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Octopre MkII, Glyph GPT50, Avalon 737sp, AMS Neve 1073's, API 512c, CAPI 312's, DW drums, Fender Guitars/Amps, AKG, Rode, Sennheiser, Neumann U87 & KM184's, Coles 4038, Equator D5 monitors