View Single Post
Old 09-22-2014, 08:16 AM

Default Re: MBox Pro (3rd gen) will not reset after firmware update.

OK. What did you/we expect from this arrogant company?
My Mbox Pro has started to behave buggy again! Last time the exact same thing happened was before the last firmware update. This somehow seemed to fix it. But now it has gradually appeared again. The symptoms.
Startup of the device has become slow. 2 out of 3 times it must be turned off/on again as the spkr led don't light up. Then suddenly it does.
The other old familiar problem that has appeared again is the volume knob bug, turning it will make it crash and react in steps upon turning it. Restarting makes it work for a short while, but now it's only for a few minutes then it breaks again! It has worked since the firmware 1.0.4 (it was broken before) but now it's broken again, all out of the blue.
What it tells me (and I have tried reinstalling and trashing prefs with no success) is that the software inside the box has serious bugs: buffers overflows during time or what ever. But this broken state is stored in it's internal flash RAM.
Reinstalling the drivers don't flush the memory as the firmware is already present, so there is no need to reinstall it, from the Mbox pro installers 'perspective'
If we could just get a method or a piece of software to flush the firmware RAM and reinstall the drivers, as Avid obviously has no plan on fixing the code, that would be a big step forward.
As it is now I can only use the headphone out, as these dials are not software controlled. And then a lot of patience!