View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 03:58 PM

Default Re: Please vote to split the yearly fee for HD

I guess I don't get the request. If you have any form of credit worthiness, you can split the payment with no interest for 12-24 months easily from any dealer. Is that not splitting the yearly fee? Plus wait for a discount (seems they are going to be a regular thing.) I just tacked an extra year on after the last discount since my "renewal date" won't coincide with any known sale periods. "Auto-renew" will never be turned on because of that business practice.

If the request is for a "subscription" version of HD where you lose access if you don't pay monthly, I really don't get it. Means you don't have any hardware that requires it. At the point, just get vanilla. I'd see no point in losing access every few months if it isn't affordable for that month.

So, yeah, can imagine 18 votes and thousands of looks.

(Do I like a yearly payment? H*ll no. But price wise it comes out close to what the old updates cost every few years-- but it only matters if Avid keeps adding useful features. There was a very long drought of nothing for HD users and vanilla just getting HD features. That really stunk for us higher payers. But that's a different issue. Also, I guess you'd consider me in the camp that Rectifried mentions -- it's just another business expense.)