View Single Post
Old 05-12-2019, 09:22 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2019 on Windows

2019.5 working here and its got some minor quirks, but having said that, performance is mostly amazing I'm running sessions at a 64 buffer that never would have run before. Last version(at 64 buffer) would stop and throw an error if I tried to open or instantiate Ozone 8(not a single stop or error since installing. Plus, the System Usage meter shows essentially no change between the 64 buffer and the 1024 buffer(so it seems they have done some serious work on stability)

Now to the quirks I've had:
1-twice(so far) a session has opened but would not play(close and re-open PT solved it both times)
2-last night, I was working on a session and doing some Elastic Audio edits and the audio LOOKED like I moved it, but sounded like I didn't. I quit for the day and tried again today and it worked fine.
3-twice(so far out of a dozen times) I booted(from everything off) and once Windows opened, Pro Tools opened itself, but without the startup window(but worked fine).

None of these issues is a show-stopper for me, but might be a big deal for others(especially those with clients in the room). Should you try it? I give the same answer I give with any update; absolutely, try it, but have a backup plan!!!!! I cloned my system drive(with PT 2018.10), installed the cloned drive and installed 2019.5 on that. If things go sour, I swap back to the old drive

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave