Thread: 6031 error
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 11:50 PM
Avid

Default Re: 6031 error

Quote:
just want to make sure we're on the same page here. the noise in the recorded region makes the recording useless. why would someone want the "chose noise option"?
Exactly; that's why we didn't make it an option to disable. We tend to believe that most users would rather an error before allowing noise to get in (either on playback or recording). That said, the noise doesn't happen 100% in this situation (what the 6031 is reporting), and maybe some folks want to risk it; who knows. In any case, not a recommended option.

Quote:
On which platform? Mac? PC?...or both?
This one a Windows-only issue. Is the nature of how the OS processes these things. PT on the Mac can get a 6031, but not for this particular situation.

Quote:
By "noise", are you referring to the sample errors being reported also described as "pops and clicks"?
Could be pops, could be short sections of repeated audio, and could be a gurgly sound of one buffer of audio rapidly alternating with another. The 6031 notification prevents those now.

Quote:
So, prior to 8.0.1, some of these systems probably have noise and errors in their recorded audio??
Sadly yes. Now the only confirmed reports we have of this issue were during playback, not recording, but it could've affected recording in theory.

Quote:
This should be a standard utility if you can provide one.
I'll forward on your sentiments to those working on it.

Quote:
I myself would rather just have the OS kernel only and PT running whether on Mac or PC. Everything else just gets in the way.
We surely would as well. These OS's weren't designed to be real-time systems, so we spend quite a bit of time working to squeeze more consistent real-time behavior out of them.

Paul Vercellotti
Avid Engineering