View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 01:40 AM

Default Re: How do i use Superior Drummer without any midi devices ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwilliams0190 View Post
What do you mean ? How do I do that..sorry man im new : /
if responding to me here goes...

Create a new stereo inst track.
Insert SD2 on it.
It will come up at the construct window.
Just above ther top left of that window with the drumkit in it there will be a menu bar that says STANDARD VIEW and CLASSIC VIEW.
Just above that is the menu bar you are looking for. It will say Construct - Mixer - Grooves - Mapping - Bounce - Settings - ?
Click on GROOVES.
In the far-left window click on NY Avatar.
Next window click on Straight 4/4.
Next window click on Hats Closed Variation.
Next window click on Variation 01.
With that pattern selected you can clcik on the play button beneath the grooves window to audition the pattern.

If that works, (ie: you hear drums playing), left click on VARIATION 01 in the last window you were in and drag onto the stereo instrument track.

You will now have a region of MIDI written to you instrument track.

Stop the auditioning of the pattern if it's still going and click inside the written midi on you track to highlight it.

Press play in PT and you should hear your pattern being played.

Hope this helps.

I would suggest reading the ref guide that came with SD2 and watch the videos on their site or on Youtube. This only really scratches the surface of what SD2 can do..

Good luck.

Oh, one last thing.. Though others will likely disagree, STAY AWAY from the mapping window right now. That will get you into as much trouble as manually cleaning you registry on a Windoze system... Save those headaches for another day.. ;-)
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!