View Single Post
Old 11-01-2014, 05:49 AM

Default Re: Pro-Tools Set-Up & System Configuration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emrys Cronin View Post
So, to bring up this old thread, which, by the way I am sooooo glad I found!

A few days ago I bought and constructed a pc to use primarily for audio production with pro tools. I'm pretty much having exactly the same problems (except my build is slightly lesser in quality and I'm running windows 7) and I don't know what to do. I read through the whole thread, and being fairly new to Pro Tools (not entirely though) I'm still baffled as to what this problem is or how it can be solved. It seems as though a final resolution was not reached on this topic, but looking at MEWCO's later posts, they seem to have worked it out.

Can someone please give me a fix? I've been searching for answers for the last two days and I'm sick of it. I just want to get to making music!

My specs are:

Intel Core i7-4790 3.6GHz - 2x Kingston 4GB DDR3 1600 RAM - Asus Maximus VII Ranger Motherboard - Asus GTX750Ti GPU - Samsung 120GB SSD (Windows and Pro Tools) - Western Digital Black 1TB HDD (Storage and other software) - Windows 7 HP 64bit - Pro Tools 11
A Sandra report would be helpful as well. Along with a description of what exact problems you are having; 'pretty much having exactly the same problems' leaves open a huge gray area. What aae errors are you getting? Do you have any kind of disk indexing going on? Do you have any kind of messaging program running in the background? Win XP had a program msmsgs.exe that ran full time in the background and would steal cpu cycles like crazy. Win7 doesn't have that program anymore but I think it has another similar program. You may want to check if it does and disable that. You may also want to check out Black Viper's site for Windows optimizations.

QAPLA!