View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 02:45 PM

Default Re: Adjusting audio timing using technology - is the results acceptable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
That's correct^^^ And, amagras is 100% correct that EA is not good on multiple mics such as a recorded drum kit or a guitar with 2(or more) mics. For drums, Beat Detective or manually cut/move/crossfade is best. If I need to EA an acoustic guitar that was recorded with 2 mics, I will pick the best sounding single mic and mute the other track

Last advice: its not a bad idea to DUPLICATE PLAYLIST first. That way, no matter how messed up your edits get, the original(untouched) audio is still available for another try

Albee that’s good info and I have to agree from all my trials and errors and hours spent sorta trying it all -that method definitely delivers the best quality results (granted the splices don’t bring about anything new to deal with)! I have not tried or have the reason to yet to deal with the multi sourced recording and EA... YET! Thanks for the tip ahead of time - this makes sense and will come in handy I’m sure.

Thankfully I have been duplicating the playlist as I go through the different phases of you will. However early on I didn’t and had to look back through all the playlists and find my original tracking days and pull back those takes for each track. More of a pain but, found them, lesson learned!

Thanks for all tips and suggestions... very helpful indeed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk