View Single Post
Old 08-16-2006, 11:41 AM

Default Time Type Mismatch error... any thoughts?

I am currently running 7.2. Trying to open a session completed in June on 6.9.3. I can neither open the session directly, nor import the tracks from it into a new session.

The first error I get says:

Time Type Mismatch occurred in "/Volumes'Development/vbvd/AlturaPorts/PT4_App/MacBuild/../../NewFileLibs/Time/Time_Typed.h"

Hitting ok on that dialogue brings up the following error:

Could not complete your request because Assertion in "/Volumes'Development/vbvd/AlturaPorts/PT4_App/MacOS_Specific/../../Main/ProTools.cpp". line 1553.

From what I have read on the Digi Support site it appears this may be a midi related issue, and I do have a couple of midi tracks in the session. They are used as dividers in the session to seperate the audio tracks from the stem busses from the aux busses from the main faders. I just find it easier to have a blank fader between the groups on the C24.

The problem does not appear to exist on all pre-7.2 sessions. I have successfully opened 6.9.3 sessions that have not contained midi tracks. I will pursue additional sessions if nec. to figure out a pattern.

I have done the prerequisite cleaning, trashing prefs, rebuilding permissions, as rec'd on the DUC maintenance message.

Here are my details Dual Mac 2.0 G5, 2 Gigs Ram, Mojo, Expansion Chassis, HD3, FW card w/3xFW400 80 gig, UL3D with 3x36G SCSI, 2xNEC 20" Displays set at 1600x1200.

Someone updated my OS to 10.4.7 when I was out of the office, and though I haven't seen any problem from it, it could be a culprit as well.

Plugs possibly/probably in use in the problem session include EQ3/Comp3 , MHLabs Channelstrip, Waves Gold C4 and L1+, Reverb One.... not a crusher of a session. Lots of edits but not a crazy track count. I'd say 32 or less... I can't remember exactly. The session does have a lot of muted segments on timeline, as it is a reality show and I was given 4 to 8 mostly identical cues for each piece of audio in the OMF. And you guys know that as soon as you start blowing that stuff away, the producer is gonna wanna insist that there was a better/different mic used on a shot, and your word that they were all the same will never fly.

Additional software that may be interacting with PTools is Soundminer.

If anyone has any additional info, I'd be pleased for it.

Thanks!

Brad McIlvaine
Sr. Mixer/Designer
Henninger Media Services
Washington, DC 20036
Washington, DC 20036