View Single Post
Old 08-25-2017, 11:19 PM

Default Re: HDX and HD 44.1 and 48k in and out latency?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme Mixing View Post
Seems like you know everything already anyway...

But this is a time when you really need to talk to a knowledgeable sales rep, or get to know someone at Avid. I can assure you that an HDX System with Avid converters is superior to an Apollo interface. It's expensive, but not without reason. I've never had anyone complain about latency on an HDX System unless you have high latency plugs on the stereo bus.
well i must be dumb cause i can't find a way to contact avid without a support plan.

I must admit, this is all because of the 32 limit. If it wasn't there, i would buy the HD software *today*, and get the extra editing features and trim automation (a lifesaver) and just add to my apollo i/o.

Avid are very clever in that regard.

Using the apollo console to set up your outboard mix is not painful at all. You even get a little plugin you throw anywhere in your PT project, and it loads all the console settings, plugins, the works, when you load your PT project.

Thanks everyone for all the helpful replies.

One last question...

just say i were to go for HDN or HDX.. to monitor my 64 channels outboard live through PT, do i need to record enable each track?