View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 01:36 PM

Default Re: Sound quality of mixing in Protools vs others..Discuss

As everyone's already said.... You hire Musicians, Engineers, Producers, Mastering Guys, for their ears, their artistry, talent, and vibe. Not the tools they use.

Give a Great mix engineer Garage band, he'll probably figure out how to get it as close to as "Slammin'" as "One of his mixes" on his own tools. It's our ears that take us to the finish line, and WE choose the tools that get us there with the most ease.

EVEN IF the mix engine in Nuendo sounded 15% Different the the Mix engine in Pro-Tools HD - I'm sure my ears would eliminate most of the differnce in what I "Strive for" in a Mix.

It'd really be one of those scenarios, that "It sounds different", not "Better" just different.

If I were Given a Mix to start from scratch on a Tuesday, then the same mix to re-start from scratch on a wednesday - the 2 mixes would likely be very similar in "Nature" but VERY different in a Phase Null test

There are lots of posts "Comparing Pro-Tools" to all the other DAW's but most of us are here because we're Pro-Tools users.

Some guitarists play Fender, Some Gibson, Some PRS etc... what's better?? it's all in the hands of the Player.

There's a producer that made a fairly profound Quote once.... "I'd rather have him mix the album on a laptop, with a pair of headphones, then alot of guys in a Million Dollar Neve Room"

Crediting the Mixer, with all of the responsibility.

- MacStudio M1
- HDX II Sonnet xMacStudio
- 16x16 HD i/o x 6
- PT ULTIMATE
- SONOMA
- ProTools Dock / S1 / Control App