View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 12:26 PM

Default Re: Windows 7(Something to think about?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
I wouldnt say anyone is to "blame" as at this point, Windows 7 is beta software. Who's to blame for the iLok not working? The goal of Micosoft is to make sure all Vista drivers work with Windows 7. They didnt say that all Vista drivers currently work with the Windows 7 beta.

It comes down to resources. Avid/Digidesign layed off hundreds off employees recently. I highly doubt it's on their top priority list at the moment but they are probably aware of the issues and status just from the chatter in the DUC from those of us riding the bleeding edge.

It's doubtful they did. This Windows 7 beta was relesed last Friday and Digidesign has been beta testing Pro Tools 8 obviously for quite some time. I cant see them having the resources and manpower to beta test Pro Tools 8 and at the same time worry about a Windows 7 beta which was just released. If you think about it, Digidesign had recent massive layoffs near the end of their Pro Tools 8 beta cycle about 2 months prior to the release and that's definitely gotta do some damage as far as manpower and resources go.

I'm sure at the very least they are looking into and gathering data regarding Windows 7 in preporation to one day support it.

Shane
+1

The Basschakra Lucid Soul Trip

i7 Builds - Specs and Results

HDNative | Omni | i7-3930K OC'd 4.0GHZ |
ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB GSkill DDR3 2133 ram | mo' stuff