View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 07:26 PM

Default Re: Mbox 2 Mini crashes Windows 7 every time

I am experiencing a similar problem with M-box2 (not mini). There appears to be no solution at present but I have additional information and a work around for this problem. My problem started after a series of Windows 7 updates were installed. Prior to the updates Pro Tools and the M-box2 worked perfectly. Now anytime I plug in my M-box2 prior to launching Pro Tools, Windows 7 will crash almost immediately. However, if I wait and launch Pro Tools first and wait for Pro Tools to ask for the M-box, then most of the time (it's not perfect) after plugging in the M-box2, Pro Tools will continue loading and Windows 7 will not crash. I have experienced a few crashes in the middle of a Pro Tools session but, most of the time, I can complete the session. Upon exiting Pro Tools, if I do not immediately unplug the M-box2, Windows will crash within 5-minutes of exiting a Pro Tools Session.

I have put in a support ticket to find a solution to this problem but so far, it does not appear that either Microsoft or Avid are aware of the problem.