View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 10:09 AM

Default Re: Protools crashed while recording live show

The issue is sadly Mojave. I have an iMac Pro with 18-cores and 64 GB of ram, and ProTools still gives me CPU Buffer errors after a minute. I’m using 1% of my CPU.

It’s sad because I run a film production business and I needed Mojave for other film related compatibility and this is my trade off. ProTools is mostly unusable for recording (using an Apollo X).

Eagerly waiting for updates, which seem to take longer and longer each year. I’m often raising the flag about the issue on this forum, so I stay fairly quiet anymore. It’s just a bummer that we all pay a subscription that’s supposed to encourage Avid’s ability to stay innovative and provide constant updates - with not many compatibility fixes to show for over the last four months.

I know the case is typically “don’t update your system,” but some of us just have different uses for their computers other than recording. Hoping this gets resolved soon (NAMM) and not on the timeline that was posted a few weeks ago - waiting for Avid to come up with some mid-2019 solution to use GPUs for extra horsepower. It doesn’t make much sense for the short term when modern Macs already have the push.