View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 10:17 AM

Default "The files for installation requirement Pace License Support could not be found..."

I had Pro Tools 10 working just fine on my computer for months. My license was fully activated on my iLok and I had no problems (well....after spending 2 weeks struggling to get the license/download activated in the first place. That's another story )

Now, I've reformatted my computer and re-installed Windows 7, 64 bit +SP1 etc etc and whenever I try to install Pro Tools 10 it refuses with this window:
http://i.imgur.com/G3XljV3.png

Code:
The files for installation requirement Pace License Support could not be found. The installation will now stop. this is probably due to a failed or canceled download.
I haven't had any failed or canceled downloads. I've also tried re-downloading the PT installer like 3 times.

As you can see in the screenshot, I already have iLok License Manager installed and my PT license is activated. (I think. See note about Location Icons below.)

Things I've already done:
  • Installed all windows updates
  • Running the installer as Administrator
  • Completely uninstalled all avid software and tried again
  • Re-downloading the installer (3 times)
  • Put the iLok License Manager installer in the same directory as Pro Tools
  • Tried installing in various orders (Fast Track, Pro Tools, iLok, etc.)
  • Googled about 30 different things
  • Searched the Avid knowledgebase
  • Searched the iLok knowledgebase
  • Read the entire Avid Pro Tools installation manual
  • Tried to call support and then punched a hole in the wall
  • Put the iLok License Manager installer in the same directory as Pro Tools Installer

The only thing I can find out of the ordinary and I suspect this must have something to do with it, is shown in the screenshot regarding the locations in my iLok Manager: The location called "TROY-OFFICE" is my OLD computer's name BEFORE the Windows reformat. The Pro Tools license looks like it is attached to that location, but it is ACTIVATED on the iLok dongle. However, on the dongle the little computer icon on is grayed out as if I am unable to use the license on this PC (which the dongle is plugged into) I don't know how this works, and there is no way on the website or the manager to delete the TROY-OFFICE location and add the current name of my computer. I don't know how to fix this.