View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 10:23 PM
Avid

Default Re: S3L-X Stagebox 16 compatibility with other Avid?

It's a fantastic desk for mixing IEMs especially since it has both EQs and compresssors/limiters on every output, which is pretty fantastic for IEM sends.

The Stage 16 doesn't communicate with Profile or SC48 consoles, but you can very easily use two S3L surfaces with a single set of S16 stage racks.

Realistically, you will want a split racked up with the stage rack if you're planning to carry only one surface though.

The fader flip mode is ridiculously easy to use, and probably the fastest set of faders I've seen in a long time. Plenty of guys I know are carrying it just as a monitor rig because of the consistency and ease of travel with it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbusted67 View Post
Hello, I am thinking of taking an S3lx out on the road. I like it because of it's size and flexibility. I'm thinking of using it as a portable in ear rig that can both be left on stage or brought out to FOH with me in smaller venues.

In this scenario what would be the best option for tying this system in with fixed systems in venues? Can you get the Stage 16 boxes to communicate with a Profile or SC 48? Would I have to use a split snake to tie into an existing system?What is the compatibility of the Stage 16 box?

Also, does the S3LX provide a fader flip mode for easy buss mixing?