View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 12:49 PM

Default Re: All lights flashing on my D-Command

Old thread, but my D-Command broke last week, and I was searching for info, found this, and it helped a lot. My issue was my main unit just died, some LEDs in the main monitor section were lit, but no buttons worked, and everything else was dead. (faders worked on power up).

Thanks to info here I could measure my PSU's and the LED PSU voltage was drifting from 0,3V-2,3V. Suspected the capacitors. I thought I try to fix it before ordering a new, because I'm in Sweden and any order from the US would take weeks. (it died in the middle of delivering a TV show). So I removed all big caps and the 4 bigger ones had clear signs of leaking, green electrolyte under them. Ordered new ones, the 2 big ones on the pict plus the 2 smaller ones under the heat sink. I could not fins 1200uF so I went with 1500uF. 2 big ones -easy to remove, 2 smaller - PITA. Soldered on both sides of the circuit board and one is under the heatsink (that had to be removed).

Anyways, with the new caps the PSU worked fine and I'm back in biz now, to the cost of about $10, a few 220V shocks in my arm and a lot of cussing :) Thought I share the experience if anyone wanna try it. Here is a pict with the values etc.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2020-01-20 21.34.59.jpg (78.7 KB, 0 views)