View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 11:33 AM

Default Re: Cubase and Protools

Quote:
Originally Posted by vudoo View Post
I use mostly PT but also well verse in CB9 and DP9 as i collaborate with a few composers who use them. What are some of the must-have midi features you feel that's missing in PT?
I will compile some thoughts, but there are a few on IdealScale. It also seems to be a go to organization tool with LESS crashes in general. That's the thing I have been seeing a lot about with bigger projects. The one I see with PT is after I bounce a file, if I don't wait for about 20 sec. before I do another task, I will get either a crash or a CPU spike. This is something that has been plaguing PT for a while now. I stayed on 12.6.1 to avoid some issue which others seem to be having in PT 12.7.1 and 12.7. Hopefully the will get sorted out. I may not update, but will continue to research this with some colleagues. I do final mixing here also as well as primarily being a composer and sound designer.
Purchasing some new Barefoot micro mini27's soon to work along side my 5.1 room with Genelec 1032A's of which I have 5 of them and looking forward to the expansion of the 7.1.2 ad 9 surround capabilities and dolby atmos. That is a hopeful change for me and wanting to stay with PT at this point. LOVE the Protools platform, but want more features, which have not really changed and it they did, it's been a slow process. ex. offline bounce which has been a feature in Cubase and DP forever. G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS