View Single Post
Old 10-30-2019, 08:12 AM

Default Re: C24 center faders going CRAZY

Yep, that’s the issue. I have opened my C24 up myself and cleaned all the contacts again with detox it, including the ribbon cables too(pulled them out despite the hot glue). I even bought a new motherboard from Avid through my repair center, and bought one new ribbon cable to replace from where I thought the problem originated. But nothing has changed! It’s inherent in these PCB’s I’m afraid, and there’s really no fixing it. I’ve even removed some cables that interconnect PCB boards, and then I can see the LED’s not work in some sections, but it’s likely perpetuated throughout multiple areas.

I once worked for an audio manufacturer in the pro department. When they discovered a manufacturing defect in one of their products, after a year or so of continual issues they just swept it under the rug and came out with a new model. Never admitted to anything, and the poor souls who purchased these units were just simply out of luck. I don’t know if this is what’s happening here, but as they say in Back To The Future, “There’s something very familiar about all this”!
PT 2024.3 Ultimate HDX, Dual Slate Raven MTi2, HD IO 16x16, Mac Studio M2 Max on Sonoma, 64GB RAM, 4 TB & 8 TB external SSD NVMe drives, Neve 1073OPX(2), Slate VSX, Focal Solo Be6, Roland V-Drums, DW drums, too many VI’s and plug ins to mention.