View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 07:49 AM

Default ...add more inputs to OMNI

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandal View Post
1) Replace 4 of the digital inputs with 4 analog using ADAT and a new box (Behringer ADA8200 or Saffire or MOTU)
2) Use the AES Port2 on my PCIe
3) Use the OMNI Expension Port and DigiLink

It is not clear what you mean by 'best', as asked it is impossible to answer your question. You need to decide. For many people 'best' may be a lot about the pre-amp quality if you want a pre-amp, but it is not clear at all if you are asking about pre-amps. You are talking about analog-in, is that line in or mic-in or instrument-in? Do you already own enough analog mic preamps? 'Best' in terms of future expansion, guaranteed compatibility with Pro Tools etc, would likely be a HD I/O 8x8x8 box or similar. 'Best' as just high-end conversion might be a Prism Sound box and a bank loan. 'Best' as in cheapest with no regard to audio quality would be a anything made by Berringer. Other ADAT options should be much better.

It is also totally unclear what you mean by "AES Port 2 on my PCIe" ...... on your PCIe what? The HD Native PCIe card (the only PCIe card you have mentioned) does not have a AES/EBU port, it has two Digilink mini ports. You can connect another Digilink interface to either the expansion port on the Omni or the second port on the PCIe card. If you have a separate PCIe card which does have multiple AES/EBU "ports" (like a Lynx16 say) then you cannot use it in conjunction with any Digilink interfaces as there is no way to aggregate those interfaces.