View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 07:04 AM

Default Re: Project Mix I/O - Who supports

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelG View Post
Yeah, it's more that InMusic are saying that AVID retained the ProjectMix. I'm more wondering if they are just pawning complaints of no future driver support off on AVID. I'd just like to get AVID's side of this, I'm wondering if InMusic do have the required info to do driver support, and just arent bothering or if the PMIO really does still belong to AVID. InMusic have stated they wont be developing drivers, but are saying it is because AVID still owns the FW series devices.

I already have a 2626 and am quite happy with it (although I wish M-Audio would fix the offset issue that has been affecting the Windows driver for a couple of years).

Thanks,
Joel

EDIT: My PMIO is actually working just fine at this time, using Win7. This is more just my wanting to know.
Yeah before I sold mine I remember I got it working with Win7 with a driver update, but sold it not long after that. I don't know if Avid will say anything, but your instinct is correct on inMusic saying PMIO is an Avid property -- for all we know inMusic was probably offered to carry/support it, and took one look at its age and declined. Leaving it on Avid to clarify the device's EOL status. I thought M-Audio was kind of doing EOL on this interface before their sale to inMusic, but I may be wrong.

The Profire 2626 is listed on M-Audio's site, so that's at least one FW device that it seems inMusic has to support, driver-wise. But that may be all. At any rate, good luck I hope Avid makes a statement. I'm not optimistic, but the PMIO was a nice little interface and I got a lot of mileage out of when I had mine.

On a similar somewhat related note: there's a similar thread/discussion here on DUC about inMusic stating that PT Instrument Expansion Pack 1.0 (PTIEP 1) is an Avid property. inMusic subsidiary AIR are about to release IEP 2 which is VST/AU/AAX64 compatible, so the concern is they'll do here what they did w/ PMIO and put IEP 1.0 support back on Avid and not update it. Russ w/ PTExpert has sought a statement from AIR and we're looking at getting one in 2 days to clarify.

If they take the same tack they did with PMIO on this other IEP 1 thing, there will be more than just M-Audio Firewire owners annoyed.

"I survived the Great Launch Predicaments of PT11 2013."

Last edited by kaiserpathos; 07-08-2013 at 10:10 AM.