View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018, 06:20 PM
Avid

Default Re: Avid Screws Me Again - Support Contract

Russ, I'm sorry you feel that way and I wouldn't defend Avid if it were true. (in fact, I wouldn't want to work here either) I'm the Product Manager so I do have the authority to say that, yes you were supported during that time and it is in no one's interest not to. If you had a module go down it would have been replaced and if new software were available and it wasn't in your MyAvid account, you would have been given a link and a tempory code. I know sometimes we mess up but I can assure you that it's not intentional and in most cases doesn't happen. We have over 2000 S6's out in the field now and sure a few System ID's get mixed up or support dates are entered wrong but the majority are not.
The current support costs, fees and dates were instigated by me. Originally they followed my predecessors rule in that not only did you get charged a fee if you were late in renewing, it was also backdated. We scrapped that and now give the customer a choice, pay a reinstatement fee or have the support continue from when it ended. Without the fee, customers would just wait until a module failed and then take out support.