View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Avid Screws Me Again - Support Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Russ, I’m sorry for the delay and confusion with renewing support for your S6, this is not the norm. Firstly, I would like to apologise for us losing and not replying to Vintage Kings first email request for information on 1/11/18. They did reach out again on 2/2/18 to which we replied twice that same day with part numbers and pricing. Three weeks later, on the 2/23/18 we received the order from VK. I’m not sure why they told you we weren’t contacting them as we had, and we have no idea what the comments about being sick are about.
With reference to the support start date, this is correct, and I can assure you, your support has been active during this time had you needed it. If we had started the support later then there would have been a reinstatement fee.
Eddie
Hi Eddie, as always thanks for the reply. I never addressed any of this to you (or Jeff or...) because you guys aren't responsible for this function. I wish you were because there wouldn't have been a problem in the first place.

The fact is, Avid screwed this up. Avid has been totally incompetent in handling support contracts from the beginning and still is. This is just another example of it. It's been almost five years since the S6 (and support contracts) were announced Eddie! And if the last software release had occurred during this time, I would not have had access to it. I'm sorry but I do not believe you that Avid would have supported me had hardware failed during this time. That is simply not Avid. It IS Eddie Jones (and Jeff and ...), I know YOU would have if it were up to you, but just like the absence of adequate s/w development resources, that wouldn't be within your control. It is absolutely dishonest for Avid to charge its customers for a product it did not provide - in this case, coverage for over a month. It just doesn't get more simple or obvious than that. And the idea that Avid is trying to speak in terms of "reinstatement fees" when their customer had to jump through hoops for weeks to get them to take money for this contract is absurd. Avid is stealing this money, plain and simple. They've done the like forever and this is just them at it again. If they slid their hand in my pocket at an airport and stole my wallet it wouldn't be any more dishonest than this is.

Still, thank you as always for being so considerate as to try to help.