View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 07:57 PM

Default Re: temporary group for track-faders ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elicious View Post
hi, i doubt any members of this conversation don't understand and use grps daily.
on my own system, with a procontrol and a kensington (copy/paste names) i can make grps incredibly fast.
but, remember, for many of us it's all about saving half a second here and there.
(with your set up you have to figure in deleting that temp grp.)

invoking my earlier post

it seems a waste of a couplea heartbeats to create temp grps and vca's for an action you might only need once.

if true, then why create the shift-s (or shift option) shortcuts for solo and mute?.
same thang.
best,
e
Yes making groups is a simple thing to do.... especially with one of the newer control surfaces. Either way its a simple enough thing to do that we don't need yet another way to do THE SAME thing.
by the way.... there are more than plenty enough grouping slots to allow you to not have to delete any temp groups unless you want to. Just leave them, maybe you will need that set later in the session or mix.

Any option+ modifier key is a temp way of changing multiple tracks at the same time. If the tracks are selected and the needed a modifier+option key combo to them move the faders at once it could be useful.... but note, that is far different than just selecting multiple tracks and moving one fader to control them all (which I am opposed to).

Syn-g
www.bulletsage.com