View Single Post
Old 10-14-2019, 09:06 AM

Default Pro Tools regularly freezing + 'Not Responding'!!

Pro Tools is absolutely killing me at the moment.

Am running PT Ultimate, up-to-date (2019.6.0), on Windows 10 (again, fully up-to-date), and the past 7-10 days or so have been running into very frequent problems of PT freezing, completely at random, but on average perhaps every 15 minutes or so.

It could just be as simple as muting a track in the mix window, tweaking a dial in a plugin, clicking on a clip in the edit window, or selecting an option from the main menu - PT will just randomly freeze.
If a track is playing, the audio will keep playing, however PT will just lock up & completely freeze, & then 'Not Respond', leaving me with no other choice but to force close the entire program, & then I have to reboot my PC every time.

Just wondered if anyone else has been experiencing this recently??

I have paying clients both in person & connecting remotely for both audio & film work, and this is killing sessions & professionalism.

Our PC is incredibly hi-spec, so there's absolutely no risk of running out of memory etc.

I guess I could try trashing PT preferences yet again, but the past week or so have been an absolute joke.