View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 09:10 AM

Default Re: CPU question mono vs stereo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
That is incorrect -- Vanilla can play 128 audio tracks, mono or stereo, and don't care about voices at all. AFAIK that is, correct me if things have changed lately with the new voice packs that I don't have and think are Ultimate-only anyway.

Voice is a DSP concept that means i/o point of mixer.

EDIT: this thought haunts me now, please someone test if creating 128 stereo tracks is possible with vanilla (cannot test myself with this license bundle)
I was just going by what AVID had to say about it here:

https://www.avid.com/pro-tools/comparison

What is a voice?

"A voice is a single audio stream that roughly equates to one mono audio track. A mono audio track will use one available voice. A stereo track will use two available voices. The voice limit is Pro Tools' capacity to play back a multitude of simultaneous voices. The higher the voice limit, the more tracks you can play back in Pro Tools to work on bigger, more demanding sessions."
Genelec 1031AP/7070A 5.1 monitoring.