View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 07:06 PM

Default Re: Help!!! My ilok broke, what do I do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockguitarist1255 View Post
Alright so I accidentally pushed my desk chair into my ilok while it was plugged into my desktop, so needless to say the thing broke in half and no longer works. I have my Pro Tools license on there, as well as other things like Soundtoys plug ins, etc.

Basically, what options do I have to fix this?
Go to iLok.com and see http://www.ilok.com/ilok-rma.html and you follow the instructions there, and you get an RMA number and return it to them for a replacement. If you have a spare iLok already you can wait and download the replacement license to that, which will save waiting on return shipment of a new iLok with your license on it from iLok (but if the cost is an issue wait for the return iLok, either way you are paying for the "free" iLok).

----

This has all been hashed over on DUC so many times, you could have purchased ZDT and iLok would have given you a temporary license for you to install on another iLok. If you don't gave ZDT you'll be without a usable license until you have the replacement iLok back.

And as a warning, had you lost your iLok you could have been SOL. This procedure does not cover lost iLoks. You lose the psychical ilok you lose the license on it. You might get Avid to replace the licenses, they are more open to this if there is theft and documentation police reports etc. If you can't afford to lose what is on the iLok you should look to insure it with your insurance company for loss/theft.

Darryl