View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 10:44 AM

Default Re: Plugin Alliance insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDS View Post
The problem with complaining is that a lot of it is the result of a person's own propensity not just to gobble down the BS, but to also propagate it. I have followed your thread over on PA since you started it. It doesn't take a particularly keen eye to notice that 70% or 80% of your posts are complaints against PA.

I have never attacked anyone's music-making. That may well be a sore spot of yours rising to the surface, I don't know. If anything, I am attacking your attitude within consumer culture. "Attacking" isn't really the right word, though. I am questioning it. There are plenty of PA users who have replied to your thread with sentiments that I share - PA's issuing of vouchers has never been a guarantee. I don't think you have ever really acknowledged those posts. You seem to just reply to them with another unrelated complaint about PA.

The ecosystem, or the pricing, or the vouchers is never something you or I had any control over. The plugins were the commodity. They always have been. With that in mind - what has changed, Jack? I have collected 50 or 60 tasty little PA steaks over the years. Those tasty little steaks still sit in my plugin list. Where exactly is the gruel?

I think I understand the situation entirely. I wouldn't confuse indifference with ignorance or complacency. You are complaining about 5 words written in a marketing email, about half a page higher than a link that says "unsubscribe". Sound about right? If that is your only complaint... life really IS pretty rosy!

To begin with I did not start the thread over at GS.

And like a number of people you still don't get what the problem is. It's not about the vouchers and it's not so much about the subscription but about the way PA went about launching this. The bitch is their marketing this as 'the best deal ever' and it's not. Along with a lot of others I/we don't buy marketing BS and that's what PA's emails were. It's not about 5 words but the whole way they're treating their loyal customers.

As far as steaks versus gruel - it goes back to 'the greatest deal ever'. Only a non-critical thinking person would trust that statement. I take everything with a very large grain of salt. And am not afraid/shy about calling out a person or company when they fall way short of their words. If you trust PA's words then you love gruel. Promise me steak and you had damned well better deliver on that. If you don't and fall far short of that you'd better be prepared to take the consequences.

Sure seems like you like PA's 'marketing skills'. A lot of people don't and aren't shy about making their thoughts public. Deal with it.

And as far as PA goes I'm only waiting for the Ampeg B15 due next month.

QAPLA!