View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 07:49 AM

Default Re: Sound Quality issue

I've tried what you said, original instrument, green line, no extra levellers compressors or maximizer added. Same...

Actually I think I'm tripping. I was just distinguishing a lack of harmony and pureness, and more with the volume increase. It sounds like old days when I used to work in 44 khz 16 bits, but all my soundcard and softwares setting are ok. This is mostly a matter of hardware quality, I mean a 900$ engine can't do what a 40 000 $ does. Only thing to consider is that virtual instruments, strings etc, will never compete with original soundtracks composers with real strings. Correct me if I'm wrong on that point. This is not a matter of levelling I guess. My comps sound fake, unharmonious, it screams in your ears and you don't enjoy, because of quality. Mastering process may play a part of it, but I can tell you thats not the cause. I*'ve also paid attention to same soundbank sound on the net (session strings pro, symphony series string ensemble etc...), and this is the same problem. Maybe I am too purist...

I'm gonna send you the comp in next message. I hope it will pass, because links get blocked by web supervisor...any way listen to it in normal volume and please give me your opinion