View Single Post
Old 11-03-2018, 08:35 AM

Default Selecting Frequency range with Izotope dialogue de-noise

Hi

I've got a film that has nasty high-frequency hiss on all the RF lav mics (it comes from a bad RF signal I think? It pumps with the signal level).

Anyway, the best approach I have to tackling it is using Izotope's Dialgoue De-noise as a inline plugin on the main DX out (since its prevalent throughout the film and across tracks).

Using the Dialogue De-noise vs. the general De-noise as its much less processor intensive.

HOWEVER, is it just me or is there no way to control frequency selection when you leave it in Auto mode? On the general de-noise there's the frequency response curve, and in Manual mode on the Dialogue De-Noise you can adjust the sensitivity level on the 6 frq pots, but in Auto mode it seems like its all or nothing. . . .

I'd love to be able to apply it to just the highs, as the rest of the signal is pretty good and I don't want any artifacting from too much de-noising for no reason.

I can split the DX out into two streams, a low&mid frequency bus and a high-frequency bus and then just put it on the high bus, but jeez, that's a bit of a heavy work around.

thanks