View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 10:07 AM

Default Re: How is Pro Tools 2018 behaving?

So, I'm seeing positive and negative comments about the stability of things, which is to be expected.

Can a moderator chime in who has a tie with Avid and can answer if they will refund if this doesn't work?

I'm willing to reinstate my annual subscription, but there's gotta be some kind of guarantee that users will be compensated in the event it's a total failure. The last time I tried Pro Tools with El Capitan, it was a complete failure and completely unusable due to graphics with no fix whatsoever available. This wasn't something I found out in time with multiple recording sessions, but something that was apparent from the very start within a couple of minutes.

One can't be expected to pay $29.99 for a month subscription as a "trial" only to find out that it doesn't work as advertised immediately with no available solution or fix and zero support, can they?? Please tell me there is some sort of willingness on Avid's side to strand by their product?? They literally have nothing to lose since they control the user's account. Please someone with ties to Avid chime in and let me know the scoop. I've got work to do and need peace of mind.