View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 07:10 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Reinstatement Promo! Welcomed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd View Post
This is what they have added to the FAQ:
Q: If I purchase a reinstatement and do not immediately redeem, will it expire?
A: No. When you purchase a reinstatement from Avid or a reseller, it does not expire and you are able to use it at a future time. Avid will continue to honor reinstatement redemptions during the promo and after we discontinue selling them.

It wouldn’t make sense for the start date of coverage to begin at time of purchase, based on the above statement from Avid. Because you could buy it this month and redeem it 13 months from now, which would mean you’ve got negative 1 months coverage at the point you redeem it...
With Avid, nothing ever makes since. When they went to the new upgrade model they said that bug fixes would still be free but NOT. I would like to see added to the FAQ that you can hold your reinstatement’s indefinitely and at the time of activation you will still have 1 year of support and updates. Until then I won’t believe it. They said they will continue to honor reinstatement redemption (after we discontinue selling them) but it doesn’t mean after the retailer supply is all gone. They will discontinue selling them at December 31st. The retailer may have some left over into January or February but after there all gone there is nothing that says they cannot later put a deadline to when you must activate them and there is nothing that says what the activation date will or will not be.

Last edited by zion; 12-06-2019 at 07:26 PM.