View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 03:09 AM

Default Re: „AAE -9173 error“ - the biggest pro tools workflow killer over the last years

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsavell View Post
Hi Franklyn

Have you tried cascading your master bus into multiple auxes?

I alway "master" during my mixes so i'm using CPU hogging Native plugins like Ozone, T-Racks and lots of UAD. Anyways, on my HDX2 system, i've found that when I stack a bunch of plugins on a single master aux, it kills my CPU. However, if i cascade multiple auxes and place just one or two plugins on each aux, the CPU usage and 9073 errors reduce dramatically. It was a revelation when I found this solution. Logically it doesn't make a lot of sense to me, as its the same amount of processing, but for some reason it seems to share the load better across my CPUs. These days I'm using 4 auxiliaries at the end of my mixes. I don't get a lot of 9073 errors and my sessions are quite massive, often with the CPU floating around 90%.

Forrester

thank you Forrester,
Yes, I tried really everything. :)
that makes no big difference. My experience is that the AAE gets problems when the "overall" plug in/signal chain over the entire system is too long.
audiotrack(with plug ins)->group Aux(with plug ins) -> Mixbus AUX(with plug ins). and at the end of that chain (mixbus, where all signals are running through is the most sensitive part.
when more plug ins are used "parallel" (many tracks with plug ins, lesss instruments group busses, less mixbauss plugs) the CPU is more relaxed even when you use the exact same amount of plug ins.
I think this rule is on all pro tools systems the same.

MacPro 5,1; HDX2, PT2018.4, OSX10.13.2