View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 05:44 PM

Default Elixir V3 problem loading in PT 10.3.6

Hi,

I have PT 10.3.6 HD 2 (original HD cards from 2003, non-accel) and I'm trying to install Elixir v3 which says it should run on AAX native which my machine does. I'm running on Windows 7. Elixir installs correctly and is authorized according to it's security manager properly on my iLok (version 1, the old iLok). When I try to launch an instance of a NATIVE Elixir (either the one stage or normal version), the plugin appears in a slot in the channel strip but the plugin window does not open. Instead I get a window that says "Access violation occurred, unable to read location: 0x00000000" I see that this is a common error message after searching this board but I can't tell what specifically it means in my case. I know the 64 bit version of Elixir won't run on PT 10 windows so I did not install it. I only chose to install the 32 bit version. Just for fun I've tried various combinations of installing components from the setup program and all yield the same result.

I have put in a support ticket with Elixir but they have not responded for several days despite claiming I should get a response within 24 hours. Any ideas on what is causing this error?

Thanks,
David