View Single Post
Old 07-26-2018, 07:35 AM
Avid

Default Examining Track Layouts

Let's dig a bit deeper into Track Layouts: storing, editing, reordering, and deleting.

Recalling Layouts can be accomplished in a few different ways:

(1) Press the Recall button from the Master Module. Touch any Layout square.
(2) Press the Layout Mode switch: Choose a Layout from the Master Module Soft Keys.
(3) QuickJump: Shift + / to access Track & Meter Layouts on lower Soft Keys.

To Edit Layouts (rearrange, delete) press Edit then drag Layout squares around on the grid to reorder. Swipe from Right to Left to expose the full grid of 96 Layouts. Drag a Layout square off of the grid to delete it.

To modify an existing Layout, first recall it with any of the methods above. Let's access the Local Options (gear icon) to increase the maximum number of channels saved in the layout using the preference Number of Strips in Layout. Again, my S6 has 16 physical faders but I know I am going to take this project to a stage that has a 32 fader console. So let's tweak the preference. Now you will notice that there are 32 destination tracks at the bottom scroller (in addition to the Joystick slots). Pop into Assign mode to start your modifications. Let's also enable Insert mode which allows you to add and shuffle the existing tracks down without overwriting anything.

Feel free to leave gaps (blank strips) for spacing and organizational purposes. When you finish making the changes simply hit Store again, touch a new slot (or optionally overwrite the source Layout), name it, then Store once more to finish.

MTRX FAQ