View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 01:57 AM

Default Elastic audio drum editing, is x-form broken in PT8!!???

I have been doing this same process since elastic audio came out. Group drums, enable elastic in Rhythmic mode - real-time, make adjustments until happy with timing, set algo to x-form, wait for a long time - then be extremely happy with result.

When PT8 came out and I updated, my process simply doesnt work anymore - its all the same and great until I render in x-form. I still wait a bloody long time, then when it is done rendering I listen and all the transients are mashed, phase is smeared all over the place and shifts around like a dodgy junkie.....the transient issue is really bad as i hear a weird sound before the snare like the sound of a stick swinging through the air just prior to each hit. This sound is never there when in rhythmic mode. only then the cymbals sound like dogballs....

Even transients I never even touched with the evil hand of warp are screwed....

Now....

If i take the same session at the stage where I have made all my corrections in rhythmic algo, over to PT 7.4.2 (yep i went back there) and switch/render to x-form in good ole 7.4.2 then my drums come out sounding perfect!

I cant find any info about this in my searches....i am confused here as surely if things are as bad as I hear my drums in PT8 there would be people screaming blue murder all over the internetz no!!!???

Anyone else find that xform in PT8 on MT drums is definately broken, if its user error then where am I going wrong here that didnt used to trip me up in 7.4?????

Cheers

Sam