View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 01:46 PM

Default Optical Output issues with 003 Rack

Hi all, I run PT 10.3.8 from my MacBook Pro, I use a Belkin Thunderbolt hub to connect, among other things, my FW cable, since there's no FW port on my device. I have a Black Lion Audio modded 003 Rack. I also have an Aphex 141 converter giving me 8 more channels of I/O via the optical output on the 003.

I have been running this set up happily for about a year. I recently (2 weeks?) upgraded PT to 10.3.8 from 10.3.6. All seemed fine. Have been working daily since then. Today, I had a couple of odd error messages (I should have written down the exact texts, sorry) and then, later, the channels associated with the optical I/O were not showing up in the I/O options/setup. "Default" setting doesn't get them to appear. I've restarted, checked cable connections, installed the latest 003 driver. In Hardware set up, The Optical format is selected as "ADAT". I/O set up gives me currently 10 channels, but, channels 9-10 are actually coming out analog outputs 1-2, along with the normal output of channels 1-2, I discovered.

I seem to recall that under normal conditions, you could actually see light coming out of the Optical port, a reddish glow. That is definitely not the case at present.