View Single Post
Old 05-10-2005, 10:03 PM

Default Re: MIDI Patch Names

I have read everything Digidesign has to say on MIDI patchnames. . .

Ok, but what if no similar .midname is available for the DR 770 in my current library. I don't see a .midnam for say. . . the DR 660 that shipped with 6.4.1. As a mater of fact there are a surprisingly few number of .midnams that come with PT! The only patchname for a Boss product is the GX-700. Can I build a successful file from that or any other .midnam just by changing the manufacturer and model name? I have looked at lots of these in text edit and they all have very specific parameters that pertain to banks and not to mention the different patchnames. What a task! This seems like something that can be supported easily with the right download. We are just talking about text files here.

I'm even pulling out my 5.x disks looking through old OMS files for a DR 660.txt file I use to see. No use there, have to do an OMS install on 9.xNo way. I might have to fire up my 9600 and troll through the system/OMS/Factory Names.

Can anyone help here. I am going nuts setting patches every time I open a session. Heaven forbid I don't write the 770 patch name down before closing a session. Without that patch name (none) it will play a MIDI track with what ever kit was last used on the last pattern. I am going to pull out my hair.