View Single Post
Old 08-02-2001, 11:48 AM

Default Re: Why should I buy a PC????

>They are still putting 5400rpm drives in >the new G4s

On the low end, yes. And so are Dell and the other PC manufacturers. So I guess all the other companies are "snowing" their customers as well.

>and aren't able to do anything else but use >their machines for audio production.

What are you, nuts? You can do tons of stuff on the mac. Aside from a couple games, I can't think of anything I can't do on Mac.

<mac problems deleted>

What's your point? People have problems on all platforms. But tons of people run with little or no problems on all platforms as well. Should I quote some of the many PC problems to show "how bad PC's are"?

Here's a report you didn't quote:

"I ordered the 867 from apple last monday, got it on friday, and was up and running in PT LE the next day. Get the 867 it does the job nicely and makes the whole experience much more seemless and snappy. What made my G4 400 choke takes about a third of available resources on the 867. An upgrade worth the money for sure. and with Toast platinum you have a DVD-r backup solution as well."

Yeah, sure sounds hard to work with.

>PC is so much easier to work with, don't you agree?

Sure, if you've only used a PC.

>I guess its perference.

Bingo.

>For 3500.00 I would have expected a lot >more performance, more stability and a lot >fewer problems. That was only three days of >posting.

>my 733 I was able to get 113 plugs

For Apple's low-end machine, I don't think that's anything to sneeze at. How can you be disappointed with "performance" on the $3500 machine, nobody's even posted performance results with the 877's that I've seen.

My biggest complaint about the Mac is that PT doesn't support MP or altivec yet, but that's Digi's fault...

Mike

[ August 02, 2001: Message edited by: mike connelly ]