View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 07:28 AM

Default Re: Avid artist control disconnect

I had the same problem for almost two months (besides few others) and at the end I returned back to the seller (Sweetwater) and got a Mackie MCU PRO with 2 extenders, the same set up I had before the Artist Control and Protools its working perfect now with the Mackie.

The Avid department that is in charge of the Artist series it's not the same department of Protools. It is a sub-contractor company and I spoke with one of them and based on his testimony they dont have enough people to handle the tech support. There is only one guy answering the phone.

BTW, there are a lot of typos in the Artist Control manual especially in the part that is about static IP address. One of them is the static IP address listed in the manual for the computer and the control, so do not use the static IP address that is in the manual to connect the control to your computer, its wrong.