View Single Post
Old 09-13-2016, 01:13 PM

Default i7 Builds - Specs and Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIABLO-19 View Post
Thanks for the reply.

Yes this is what i was thinking. I was confused on the application and sessions.

Operating system, Pro tools on drive 1, drive 2 pro tools sessions and sample libraries, drive 3 recording.

Drive 1. Would be OS with applications and plug-ins. Should the the default location for all installers.

Drive 2. Would be for the sessions and audio files. Keep each session and associated audio in the same folder. With a separate folder for each song. I actually organize my recording drive by artist/album/song. Don't try to keep sessions on one drive and audio on another. That gets messy in a hurry.

Drive 3. Would be for sample libraries. This is one thing you'll probably need to pay attention to when installing. You'll want the actual VI to still install on the OS drive. But there should be an option on where to install the "content/library". If not there is usually a way to move it later. Just read up, as different plug-in developers do it differently.