View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 12:35 AM

Default Re: Windows 7 and Pro Tools 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayzed View Post
That's a very good question. I decided to try PT9 on my clean Win 7 laptop as my main machine is still XP. Install went fine but PT force closes at the end of it's plugin check (that's a rather annoying place in the startup for it to decide not to work) saying it can't find an interface, despite having a working ASIO interface (tested using other apps) plugged in via USB.

I installed my M-P interface in the vain hope that it would work with a known working m-audio interface and hopefully let me change over to my ASIO interface in setup but no joy.

Unless this is a bug thing, my next idea is that maybe I needed to have PT8MP on the machine and downloaded the upgrade installer?

I can't find a list of known working ASIO interfaces although I believe one must exist somewhere.

At the moment, I have an expensive file taking up space on my HD which is rather frustrating.
Usually PT takes a while when you are first booting up for the first time with it. Load it up without installing any extra plugins. That will make it go faster. But Open it and leave it for abot 5mins and it should be ok.

Pro Tools 12, Sibelius First 7/Presonus Studio 192/Windows 10 Pro