View Single Post
Old 04-22-2019, 04:19 PM

Default Re: Audio track clipping when trying to print

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDorn View Post
Hi! I don’t understand your routing entirely. I guess you route all your individual tracks to the aux, and then print that aux to an audio track.

You also can commit this aux track so you don’t have to print it real time.

But if you use the aux to do processing on the ‘mixbus’ you could achieve the same by applying the processing on a master track (and then ‘print’ or bounce it)

In the way you do it, it could be the processing on your aux summing bus that causes clipping on the printed track. Do you see the meters clipping or does your waveform look clipped? If only the last thing is the case it could be possible that your audio is not actually clipped but you are zoomed in on the vertical height on the waveform. Press option/alt+a to restore your waveform view to default.

Also, if the printing source (your aux) isn’t distorted and your session is 32-bit floating point, since you print internally, you can always do a little clip gain adjustment to fix any clipping. If you print out of the box da - ad , and it clips on your converter outputs and or inputs you cannot fix it afterwards because it’s 16 or 24 fixed point.

RobertDorn

Hey, yes that's exactly my signal routing, also, both. my audio Channel waveform and meter are both clipping and you can definitely hear it when you listen to the print.

I was doing some research and someone told me (idk if this is true or not i Have not confirmed it) that Aux tracks have a more "dynamic range" (this is how it was explained to me) than audio tracks and that could be the reason as to why my aux track is not clipping with all the track summed up, again idk if this is true it's just something someone told me.

I do not however, understand the part where you say that proccesess in my AUX track may be causing the print track to clip would you please elabórate a bit more so that i can have that clear?

Thanks again.