View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 10:03 AM

Default Re: Activating Avid Vitual Instruments for pt10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groms View Post
Plugins are correctly found by you're nice app but i got two folders : one named commonfiles/digidesign/DEA and where plugins can be found and one named common files/avid where there's nothing exceptmidi devices and patch names sub folders.
I have tested something : I moved the plugins into ...common files/Avid folder and launched protools which had set them up but launched windows installer and failed...
I removed the plugin and now PT's working well but still without plugins.

Do you think I should re install PT10 ?

Thanks
RTAS plugins (.dpm/ .dpm rsr files) MUST be in the common files/digidesign/DAE/Plugins Folder. the common files/avid is not where they go. it will not work. you should have the .dpm and .dpm rsr for the instruments in this folder. boom, structure free, mini grand, etc.

the .big files for them go into the C:\Program Files(x86)\Avid\Avid Virtual Instruments and each in there own folder in the AVI folder.

i think you might have move stuff around to much....

if any of these are not there it will not work properly.

are you getting any plugins working like eqIII??? you are still not trying to find these in the audiosuite folder are you??? i am not sure of your experience level here, but i am curious if you are trying to launch the plugins from the correct spot?? in your mix window (window w faders) at the very top of the channel should be a heading labeled "Inserts A-E" and a set of rows below it where you click and select. the AVI will be under the "instruments" heading.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10