View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 10:42 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools Duet by Apogee does not wake up after sleep

Hi everyone..
I don't know if this post is completely dead, but I'll just add the following because I have dealt with this issue going on 2 years now, and it's obviously not going anywhere..

I use an app called Wimoweh, that I got a while back, which allows you to set up "rules" as to when screen sleep and harddrive sleep should be prevented.
It has worked great in many cases. for example it prevents sleep whenever PT is running, which means I don't have to deal with this dumb issue of the duet not working - because my Imac just doesn't go to sleep when a session is running.
But since i have recently started using a Macbook instead of an iMac (because of the flexibility). I now have a version of this problem, all over again...
I don't want my macbook to prevent sleep constantly (for obvious battery reasons), and I'm not always running PT, just because the duet is connected. So it would be great if we could prevent sleep, as soon as the duet is plugged in, so we didn't have to deal with the duet acting out all the time...
I think the Wimoweh app could be a good way to prevent that. The only problem is that I have no clue what process or program etc, I should tell it to prevent sleep when running...

Is there anyone who know what process(es) that start running when a external interface is controlling the audio instead of the default??
I mean there must be something that is running in the background, in order to make the duet call all the shots instead of the default right??
Would be great if anyone know of something that starts running when a external interface is plugged in....

Anyway just to recap....
To all of you who are running PT on a stationary computer (iMac etc.), you could probably prevent 90% of your duet issues, with this app called Wimoweh.. I'm not sure but I think it costs around 1$/1€..
After installing it, you just run PT. Pro Tools process-line will show in the app, and you just check the box "stay awake" - done..
another hint is to always have the app running in the top bar. that way you can always see if it would go to sleep right now or not (red logo means no sleep..)

But hope someone can help me out too.. - with a way to figure out what processes run when duet is connected..

have a nice day