View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 01:58 PM

Default Re: HDX PT 2018 CPU Spikes AAE -9171 Halts Playback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howardk View Post
Thanks for your post and info.

The most curious thing to me is that it seems the system seems to work well with Pro Tools 10 on Mountain Lion, with HDX card... no CPU Spikes are apparent there!
+1 to that!

I was running Mavericks 10.9.4 with HD 11.2.2 and it was wonderful but I was getting worried about being 'behind the curve' what with updates to plugins that I couldn't access and firefox and chrome soon to lose support so I thought it was time to take the plunge.

Getting my system 'back to where it was' has been a struggle and a money pit that is extremely frustrating.

I don't know where you're based but MacVidCards in the US will help you find a compatible graphics card with boot screen, here in the UK create.pro are a company championing the Mac Pro 5,1 and in Denmark there's biglittlefrank.dk.

If you can find a company or someone near you with a 3.46 12-core tray with loads of ram and heft graphics card, I'd ask them nicely if you could borrow it for some tests!

Mac Mini 8,1 (2018) | 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel i7 | 64GB Ram | Apple 27" LED Cinema | 2TB System Drive | LaCie Rugged USB-C 2TB SSD NVMe Audio Drive | UAD-2 Quad Satellite (Firewire)

macOS Catalina 10.15.7 | Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.7 | Avid HDX TB3 Chassis | HDX | Avid Omni | Avid 16x16 HD I/O x2 | Digidesign 192 | Digidesign C24