View Single Post
Old 01-21-2006, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Assign automation to a fader or knob on Digi00

Quote:
You said that you've automated "a few plug-in parameters on my 002". I'd love to know how you did that.
OK, I don't have any Waves plug-ins, so I can't tell you how to do exactly what you want. But this works for me.

1) Set the track to record automation (Generally, set at "write" if there is nothing there before)
2) Set the automation window to record automation for plug-ins. (I generally make sure it gets ONLY what I want so I don't accidentally automate volume or something else I didn't intend)
3) On the Digi002, select the "Insert" button and select the plug-in that you want to automate.
4) Using the "Page" button, find the page with the parameter you want. The scribble strips will have (poor) 4 character abbreviations of each parameter. I think there is a way to get focus to follow the control surface, but it's been a while since I've done this.
5) You can use the rotary encoder immediately below the parameter that you want to automate *OR* you can use the flip button to send it to the faders for more precise control.

That's it. I don't remember ever doing anything extra to make it work. Are you able to access the plug-in parameters from the 002? If so, I'd imagine that you can automate it at that point, especially if your mouse movements work in automation.