View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 03:24 PM

Default Re: Transition to AAX: A Real Programmer's Perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by reichman View Post
This was posted on the Daw-Mac list recently. Frank Filipanits generously gave me permission to share it here. I think his (2) posts are required reading for everyone:

There's a lot of almost-correct or sort-of-right information floating around regarding AAX, RTAS, and TDM. I'd like to try to set the record straight about a few things.
Some very good info here, shame Avid wasn't as forthcoming with info like this from day 1 to help soften the blow. BUT:

Quote:
It's not unlike having an expectation that since you bought an 8-track of "Led Zep II" for $5 back in 1969, that Atlantic Records would have provided you over the years a new copy -- at no cost to you -- in LP format, then cassette, then CD, then DVD-Audio, then mp3, then SACD, then Blu-Ray....
No, very true - but it's 10 times cheaper to buy a new replacement DVD or BluRay than it is to buy a new top end plug-in!

Shifting Sands Audio
www.shiftingsandsaudio.com
soundcloud.com/shiftingsands

Asus X79 Deluxe | i7 4930K @ 4.1 | 32Gb Ripjaws CL9 GBLZ | Radeon R5 230 | Win7 Pro (64) | 256Gb Samsung 850 SSD | 2x 1Tb Seagate SATA | 250Gb Samsung EVO SSD | 128 Samsung SSD | Antec 650W | ProTools 11.3.2HD, 10.3.9HD, 12.5 | Cubase 9.0.20 Pro | Nuendo 8 | Studio One 3.2 Pro | RME UFX | 2x Octopre Mkii Dynamic | Alphatrack | DTouch | Logitech G510 | Kensington Trackball | Yamaha UX256