View Single Post
Old 02-10-2004, 04:00 PM

Default Re: HD Pops and Clicks OS 10.3.2 PT 6.2.3

Hi Ted... I posted these in the other thread...but I am not sure you are seing them as I see you have made a new thread...

Post 1 (Answers your question)

At this point I don't have anything hooked up to my word clock because ProTools is the only thing that I have going. All the clocks are internal to Protools. (I don't even have a midi interface hooked up yet)

I tried messing with the H/W buffer size. It was set to the default, 256 samples. I changed it 1024 and it did not seem to make a difference. Do you have suggestions for settings? I never had any problems with G4 466 setup. I have always used the defaults.

I did go back and notice that my Firewire Drive was Journaled, even though I swear that I choose for it not to be. Anyway. I backed up everything on my FW Hard Drive and I am going to re-format it again and see if that is what is causing the problem.

Thanks for the suggestions. If anyone else has any thing....(thanks in advance)

Bryan

Post 2 --New Discoveries

Well After hours of trying different things this is what I have come up with.

When I use a hardware setup which only uses 1 DSP (IE. 48 Voices or less) i get no pops or clicks. When I add the second DSP I get pops and clicks. I found this out by opening up the demo session from the install cd. It played fine. When I started looking at the differences I noticed this.

At this point I have:

1. Run Digi Test and everything test out fine:
2. Re-sat both of my HD Cards (Core and process)
3. Checked to make sure they are connected properly in the computer. (Core = B and Process = A on the Flexicable)

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Bryan Robb
8 South Studios